NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Open only to qualified travel agents who are legal residents of the 50 United States, D.C. and Canada (excluding Québec), age 21 or over. Void outside the listed locations and where prohibited. Sweepstakes begins on 8/14/17 and ends on 2/28/18 Employees of Sponsor or its subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies, and such employees’ relatives and household members, are not eligible. For complete official rules, including the prize description and methods of entry, visit www.halfmooncay20sweeps.com. Sponsor: Holland America Line N.V., Seattle, WA, USA.
HOLLAND AMERICA LINE’S
HALF MOON CAY 20TH ANNIVERSARY SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
OPEN ONLY TO TRAVEL AGENTS WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC),
AGE 21 OR OLDER.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
U.S. LAW GOVERNS THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE SWEEPSTAKES.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Holland America Line’s Half Moon Cay 20th Anniversary Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00 A.M. Pacific Time (PT) on August 14, 2017, and ends at 11:59 P.M. PT on February 28, 2018 (the “Entry Period”). Entrants may submit an entry online or by mail. To enter online, during the Entry Period, entrants may access www.halfmooncay20sweeps.com (the “Website”) and follow the on-screen entry instructions to submit an entry. To enter by mail, eligible entrants may hand-print his or her name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, and CLIA or IATAN number on a 3”x 5” card, deposit the card in a standard business-sized envelope with sufficient postage affixed, and mail the envelope to: Half Moon Cay 20th Anniversary Sweepstakes Entry, Holland America Line N.V., 450 Third Avenue West, Seattle, WA 98119.
Online entries must be submitted and received by Sponsor by 11:59 P.M. PT on February 28, 2018. Mailed entries must be postmarked during the Entry Period and received by 11:59 P.M. PT on March 7, 2018 Normal time rates, if any, charged by Internet service provider will apply. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of entry. Entry times will be determined using Sponsor’s computer, which will be the official clock for the Sweepstakes. There is a limit of one sweepstakes entry per person and per e-mail address, regardless of method of entry. All entries become the property of Holland America Line (“Sponsor”) and will not be returned, verified or acknowledged. No purchase necessary.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to individual persons who as of the date of entry are travel agents, are legal residents of the fifty United States, the District of Columbia or Canada (excluding Quebec), and are 21 years of age or older (“Entrants” or “Eligible Entrants”). Entrants may be required to show proof of status as a qualified travel agent. Employees of Sponsor, its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors and advertising and promotion agencies (all of the foregoing, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and such employees’ immediate family and household members, are not eligible. Void in Quebec, U.S. territories and where prohibited by law. In the event of a dispute regarding any entry, the entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry (i.e., the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address). Sponsor’s decision is final in deciding the identity of an entrant.
4. WINNER SELECTION: One (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted by Sponsor or its agent from all eligible entries received. Sponsor currently anticipates that the drawing for the Grand Prize will take place on or about March 14, 2018. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The potential winner is subject to verification. The potential winner will be notified by email, mail or phone, in Sponsor’s discretion. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within 15 days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability & Publicity Release and all information required for tax reporting, as applicable, per in Section 5 herein, in order to claim his/her prize. If any potential winner is unreachable or fails to respond to any notification during a period of forty-eight (48) consecutive hours (Sponsor may elect not to leave messages on answering machines), or if any potential winner fails to respond or fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability & Publicity Release within the required time period, or if any attempted notification or prize delivery is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. If any potential winner is precluded by his/her travel agency’s policies from accepting the prize, Sponsor will have the right in its discretion to either (a) deliver the prize to the travel agency (subject to execution by the travel agency of the Affidavit and Release) or (b) disqualify the potential winner and select an alternate winner. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. If any potential winner is a Canadian resident (with the exception of Quebec, residents of which are not eligible to enter this Sweepstakes), he/she will be required to answer unaided a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question by telephone before the prize can be claimed. In the event that such potential winner is unable to correctly answer the skill-testing question, Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner and randomly select another potential winner, and Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in connection therewith.
5. GRAND PRIZE
• One (1) seven (7)-day Holland America Line Caribbean cruise for the winner and one (1) guest; Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) $2,618 USD;
• One (1) horseback riding shore excursion at Half Moon Cay for the winner and one (1) guest; ARV $199.90; and
• One (1) single-day private cabana rental at Half Moon Cay; ARV $299.95.
Total ARV: $3,117.85 USD. The Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must travel together in the same stateroom on the same itinerary. Winner may select any seven (7)-day Holland America Line Caribbean cruise, departing October 2018 through April 2019, subject to availability at time of confirmation. Holiday cruise dates and Cuba voyages are excluded. If either the shore excursion prize or cabana prize is unavailable, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award an alternate shore excursion of equal or greater value. The cruise prize consists of verandah stateroom accommodations for the winner and one (1) guest (same stateroom), and most shipboard meals (certain alternative dining options require payment of a fee). Stateroom category will be assigned by Sponsor. Half Moon Cay cabana prize is subject to a maximum of four guests; subject to surcharge for additional guests and applicable fees for optional Butler Service Upgrade Package. The shore excursion prize is subject to minimum age and maximum weight restrictions; Winner and guest will be required to sign a waiver prior to participation. See www.hollandamerica.com for details. All expenses and costs associated with the acceptance or use of any prize that are not expressly specified in these Official Rules as being part of the Grand Prize (including without limitation airfare or other transportation to or from cruise ship, hotel accommodations, shore excursions, travel insurance, laundry service, spa treatments, alcoholic beverages, alternative dining, local and long distance telephone calls, ship to shore communications including Internet usage, merchandise and souvenirs, incidental expenses, hotel service charges, personal onboard expenses, or applicable passport, visa and entry/exit fees) are the responsibility of the winner. Ship's registry: The Netherlands. Cruise and other prizes are provided subject to the Holland America Line Cruise Contract and applicable terms and conditions set forth in the applicable Holland America Line brochure. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-negotiable for cash, may not be resold, and cannot be used as partial payment toward a different Holland America cruise or stateroom category other than that assigned or used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion. Cruise prize winner and guest are NOT eligible for Holland America air/sea programs or Holland America’s Cancellation Protection Plan programs.
No substitution of any prize or any component thereof is permitted, except in the discretion of Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component of equal or greater value. Prize will be awarded only to a Winner with a residential address within the United States, DC, or Canada (excluding Quebec). Winner will be solely responsible for all applicable Federal, State, provincial and local taxes connected with receipt of a prize, the use and enjoyment of prize, or any other connection with this Sweepstakes unless otherwise required by law or unless this requirement is waived by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. As a condition of accepting a prize, Winner agrees to furnish to Sponsor any requested information needed for tax reporting, either Form W-9 if a US Citizen or resident, or Form W-8 if non-US citizen or non-US resident, and understands that such information must be received by Sponsor before or at the time any prize is issued to or booked on behalf of Winner. If Winner is a U.S. resident, he/she will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of prize. Canadian residents may be subject to withholding taxes, and Canadian residents are responsible for the reporting and payment of any income tax. The actual value of any prize depends on market conditions at time of fulfillment. Any difference between ARV and actual value will not be awarded. The cruise prize must be requested at least forty-five (45) days prior to the intended travel dates. Actual dates of the cruise prize are subject to availability and certain other restrictions. Travel may not occur during cruise ship blackout periods. Guests under the age of 21 years must be accompanied by a parent, relative or guardian 21 years or older in the same stateroom. The winner and guest are responsible for providing proper citizenship documentation to travel, which may include passports, valid alien registration card and/or necessary visas. Those without proper citizenship documentation will be denied boarding. Each traveler must check with his/her travel agent, government agencies, embassies or consulates prior to their vacation to ensure that they have proper citizenship documentation. U.S. Citizens can also visit the State Department’s travel website at www.travel.state.gov for more information. Travelers of all ages are strongly encouraged to obtain passports. Prize elements may not be separated. The Grand prize will be awarded provided it is validly claimed by the date specified in the prize award notification.
6. GRANT OF RIGHTS: Entry constitutes a grant of permission to Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, promotional partners, agents, and those they may designate from time to time (all of the foregoing, the “Sponsor Parties) to use the entrant’s name, likeness (including without limitation photographs and/or recordings of the entrant), voice and biographical information, for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion and any other purpose, in all media and formats whether now known or later developed, throughout the world in perpetuity, without any notice, permission or compensation (except where prohibited by law). Sponsor may in its discretion create and disseminate blog posts and other informational accounts of the prize trip and the activities of the winner and guest in connection with the trip, and by entering each entrant consents to the same.
7. RELEASE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK: By entering, each entrant, on behalf of the entrant and his or her heirs, executors, guardians, assigns, agents and representatives, releases each of the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their successors, and the directors, officers, employees and assigns of each of the foregoing, from and agrees not to assert any and all claims, actions, suits, proceedings and demands arising out of or relating to the conduct of or the entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, the acceptance or use of the prize, or any other exercise by any of the Sponsor Parties of the rights granted herein, and all liabilities, losses, injuries and/or damages arising out of relating to the same. The foregoing includes, without limitation, any claims, actions, suits, proceedings or demands based upon or alleging any invasion of privacy, violation of right of publicity or infringement of any intellectual property or other personal or proprietary rights, or any personal injury or death to an entrant or any other person or any damage to or loss of personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize and any activity or travel related thereto or participation in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor may in its discretion create and disseminate blog posts and other informational accounts of the prize trip and the activities of the winner and guests in connection with the trip, and by entering each entrant consents to the same. Entrants assume all liability for and risk of any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of any prize.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited by law, each entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by a court of proper jurisdiction in the State of Washington; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and waives any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, the rights and obligations of the entrant in connection with the sweepstakes, or the conduct of the sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Washington or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.
11. WINNER LIST: For the name of the winner, available after April 7, 2018, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Holland America Line N.V., 450 Third Avenue West, Seattle, WA 98119 USA, Attn: Half Moon Cay 20th Anniversary Sweepstakes Winner List.
12. SPONSOR: Holland America Line N.V., Seattle, WA.
2017 HAL TA Half Moon Cay 20th Anniversary Sweepstakes